My son is off to Kindergarten today

The day has arrived and today my son Jayden is off to Kindergarten.  I am still up at midnight since I am so nervous about his first day and can't sleep.  I know they have to grow up but this is a huge milestone.  It means my little boy is getting older and away from me more and more.  It's hard to see them go through these stages but I know that they have to.  In many ways its fun to see all the changes year after year.

One of my bigger fears is the school handling his diabetes.  Of course I don't expect to leave the school tomorrow as I will be helping the clinic aid to know what to do and training her in her daily care of my son.  These first 2 weeks are going to be trying.  I hope she catches on quick and that she becomes comfortable soon.  The 4 hour meeting we had last Friday was intense and she look absolutely petrified as the thought of having my son in her care everyday.  I get it, I'm just as frightened too.

So, like many other mommas out there, I will probably be shedding a few tears as her walks into the classroom for the first time as a big boy.  Of course there will be many pictures and video : )  I will post some of those later.  These are the moments that you want to remember the rest of your life.  I am very proud of the young man that he is becoming.

Well, it is late and I have a lot to do in the morning to prepare for his big day!  Wish me luck in surviving Jayden's first day as a kindergartner!





posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of 2 wonderful boys. My oldest who is 5 is a type 1 diabetic and was diagnosed 01/30/2009 at 2 1/2. My other son is almost 2 and has wheat and peanut allergies. So as you can see, my boys keep me on my toes. Thank goodness for my wonderful husband Jason, my family and friends who are very supportive.

Recent News

Jayden turns 5 today! Aug 29, 2011

Followers


Recent Comments